Pastor Jim Townsley of Central Baptist church is serving as coordinator of the McKeever Project. Joining him in this endeavor are several other Godly men from various regions of North America. These men understand the importance of planting mission-minded churches that will reproduce themselves through the church planting ministry.
The Philosophy of the McKeever Project is summarized in the following statements:
- All new churches shall be Independent Baptist churches.
- New churches are to be mission-minded from their beginning.
- Only conservative music will be promoted.
- The King James Version of the Bible will be used exclusively.
- Progressive or contemporary methodology will not be tolerated.
- Separation from the world and consecration to God is expected.
- The work of the ministry is to be done in a professional and ethical manner with the highest standards.
- All authority resides within the structure of the local church.